Test before you buy
is our motto.
We develop and distribute software for the analysis of texts and numerical data. Our powerful software has been on the market for a long time. Our worldwide users have commercial and academic background. We can analyse your data if you need fast results. Contact us for details.
Since September 2011 we have distributed TextQuest as full versions, but also as time restricted versions for 6 or 12 months. If you need a license for one project only, you can obtain a time restricted version at a much lower price. The student version for TextQuest is no longer available, but you can obtain a 6 month time restricted version for the same price as the former student version.
Products from Provalis Research are update regularly because of the exchange rate between Euro and US Dollar.
Currently the payment processor Click & Buy ist not available, orders are only possible by invoice.
December 8th, 2014: Provalis Research has released version 7.0 of WordStat. New features are an extraction tool for entities, link analyses, a new intelligent handling of misspellings, stemming of words in 18 languages and much more. You can order your update in this shop.
April 28th, 2013: TextQuest 4.2 is now available and has new features:
- word sequence lists: the length of a word sequence was redefined. Until version 4.1 the length could be specified (x), the word sequences consisted of exactly x words.
- In the new version this value means, that all word sequences up to this value are generated, e.g. 4 means that the word list, and all word sequences with 2 words, 3 words, and 4 words are generated. The new word sequence lists make it easier to construct a category system because all word sequences are in one file instead of loading different files for each length into the category manager.
- new layout of statistics for vocabularies
- Ure's lexical density
- Extension of the readability analyses with new readability formulas:
- Tuldava's language independent formulas based on characters, words, and syllables - 4 implementations
- for Italian: readability formulas by GULP and by Vacca
- McElroys Fog count
- Strain-Index and the Direct Dale-Chall-Grade formula by Solomon
- for English: all recalculations by Powers, Sumner und Kearl for Flesch's REI, Dale-Chall, FJP and FOG
- all recalculations by Kincaid, Fishburne, Rogers, Chissom for ARI, Fog Count, FJP, Flesch's REI, and Forcast
- There are 86 readability formulas implemented now, for different languages, different audiences, and different text genres.
April 16th, 2012: TextQuest 4.1 for Windows is now available. Two new readability formulas - one for English and one for Spanish - were added, also the sentence format was completly rewritten.
Free test version
You can test the software before you buy. Just download a free test version and test it with your own data whether the software suits your needs. The documentation is available as a PDF-file. And if questions or problems arise, please contact us. We will be glad to assist you.
Support and training
We are in close contact with the developers of the software, that ensures a good quality of our support. Trainings in the form of workshops or seminars can be held at your or at our place in Osnabrück/Germany. Please ask for a quote if you want more information.
Analyses of numerical data and texts
If you do not have the time to do analyses yourself, we can do that. We can advise you in all steps of empirical projects from the data collection, the analysis of the data, and its presentation. Please mail us, and we will answer with a quote.
Note for government users: download the pricelist and order with your own forms to benefit from the reduced license fees.
Click & Buy is not available anymore.
TextQuest is a toolbox for the analyses of texts. A single license for the use on a single computer. Multiple use of one license is not allowed.
( 19 % VAT incl. excl. Shipping costs )
Shipping time: 1-2 days